Our Staff Team
Alternative Education Lead Tutor
We are looking for an experienced educator who has a passion for helping young people aged 13-16 achieve their potential.
What is required from you?
You will be in a lead position so need to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
* Teaching or tutoring experience.
* A can do attitude and a good sense of humour.
* Ability to build strong relationships with students and their families.
* Ability to manage staff, plan and facilitate a stimulating programme, and liaise with Motueka High School, Te Kura Correspondence School and other key organisations.
* Ability to relate to a range of people within our community
* Proven assessment skills
* Effective behaviour management
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work in a small team
* Punctual, honest and flexible
This position is initially for a year’s contract.
All applicants will undergo police and reference checks as part of the recruitment process.
Please contact us for a more detailed job description.
Youth Programme Coordinator
Jane has taught a wide range of programmes at ATET for many years now. She has tremendous experience in Art and Design across many different art modalities. In 2011 Jane widened her portfolio to deliver programmes for young people which focussed on embedding essential life skills on a platform of Hospitality training. More recently she has stepped into the role of Trust Manager. Jane comes from a teaching background and loves working with people and empowering them to be the best they can be. Her current role encompasses Management of the Trust while also exercising her love of coordinating and teaching on the Youth Development Programmes.
Contact Jane on (03) 52 88535 or 0273372209
Te Mana Kowhiri
Amanda is currently the Lead Tutor of Te Mana Kowhiri, our Alternative Education unit. She is passionate about her work with young people and works hard to make a difference for them. Amanda has a degree in Family and Community Studies and is also trained in Outdoor Leadership. She is currently completing her psychology degree and holds full membership of ANZASW (Australian and New Zealand Association of Social Workers). Amanda previously worked as the ATET Youth Transitions Coach and has been a staff member here since 2006.
Contact Amanda on (03) 52 88535
Te Mana Kowhiri